Enter Details & Receive
'The Iron Bodybuilding Workout'
By Instant Download!
I'll Show You How To Transform Your Body
Into A Muscle Building And Fat Burning Machine!Unsubscribe Available At Any Time
(I Hate Spam As Much As You)
Protein Shake Benefits After Workout
After a gym session many of us opt for a protein shake. We know that your muscles need protein in order to grow but just what are the benefits of a protein supplement after training?
- Weight-lifting causes tiny rips in your muscle tissue, readying them for growth. 30 minutes after your workout is when your muscles have the best potential for growth and amino acids are needed to fuel this growth. Your Protein Shake is packed full of these amino acids
- It is important to remember that for each day you only need 1g of protein for every pound of body weight. I weigh 185 lbs so I should consume 185 grams of protein each day. This will give me all the amino acids I need for repair and growth. Taking excess protein may not be harmful but it could be turned into fat or excreted by the body and is therefore wasted.
- Protein Shakes should also contain carbohydrates. These are essential post-workout in order to fuel the body for the growth and repair process. If the body doesn’t have these carbs then the body will eat into muscle to provide fuel. So if your looking to build muscle its important to ensure you have the right combination of carbs and protein, and a protein shake is perfect for this.
- Most protein shakes are made up of either whey or soy. These are rapidly absorbed by your body, so taking a protein shake straight after a workout will hit the muscles with the nutrients it needs. For quicker absorbtion mix your shake with water instead of milk, as milk slows down the absorbtion process.
- Eating a meal rich in carbs and protein is a good idea to follow up your protein shake. About an hour after your workout the rebuilding process fuelled by your shake will begin to slow down. However your body keeps turning protein into muscle for around 24 hrs so it is important to keep the muscles supplied with carbs and protein.
With the right diet and a proper training regime, you’ll notice the benefits of a protein shake post-workout
Click Here to Sign Up for Your Free Bodybuilding Magazine Subscription
Disclaimer: The information provided on this site is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for advice from your physician or other health care professional. You should consult with a healthcare professional before starting any diet, exercise or supplementation program.